Roast Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes
• Preheat oven to 400 F.
• Slice all Brussels sprouts in half and cut the sweet potatoes into 1/2 chunks.
• In a medium bowl, combine Brussels sprouts, sweet potato chunks, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and toss to combine.
• Place on the baking sheet
• Roast in the oven at 400 F for about 25 minutes. During the last 5-10 minutes of roasting, turn them over for even browning. Aim for partially charred but not blackened brussels sprouts.
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add pecans in one layer.
• Toast the pecans for about 5 minutes (maybe a bit longer) in the preheated oven at 350F until they get darker in color.
Prepare Dried Cranberries
• For best results, briefly soak the dried cranberries in hot water.
• Bring a small pot of water to boil.
• Add dried cranberries to a medium bowl. Pour hot water over the cranberries and soak them for about 10 minutes. Drain.
• In a large bowl, combine roasted Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes, toasted pecans, and soaked dried cranberries. Toss everything together. The olive oil from Brussels sprouts should be enough to coat the ingredients. If desired, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to mix with the salad (optional).
Recipe adapted from Julia's Album
Photo by HappilyPink