McEvoy Ranch is a 550-acre, family-owned working farm in Petaluma, California. Inspired by her love of Tuscan olive oil, founder Nan McEvoy imported 1,000 seedlings from Italy in 1990, determined to produce the same top-quality olive oil in the rolling hills of California’s northern coast. Now, over three decades later, the ranch is known for its estate-milled extra virgin olive oils, and a wide range of flavored olive oils produced using the Agrumato Method. As one of the oldest olive oil ranches in California, McEvoy Ranch works to create a self-sufficient and balanced ecosystem nurtured by diverse plant and animal populations.
Included in the gift set:
- Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil: The hero product that started it all. A complex and beautifully balanced blend of 7 Italian olive varieties grown on their California Ranch. The most prominent flavors in this year's oil are artichoke, green tea, and mint with aromas of fresh grass. This olive oil has a robust depth of flavor that makes it the perfect finishing oil on your favorite meals. Drizzle over a light salad and bitter greens or use for dipping with fresh crab.
- Organic Lemon Olive Oil: This olive oil is bursting with fresh citrus flavor. Made using the Agrumato Method by milling certified organic Eureka Lemons with 7 varieties of early-harvest Italian olives. This method presses the fruit together, extracting the beautiful flavored oil. It pairs perfectly with homemade pasta, salads, or drizzled over a gin cocktail. Mix it with our Champagne Vinegar for a delicious salad dressing.
- Champagne Vinegar: Made from California grapes, the Champagne Vinegar is crisp and refreshing. Produced in small batches this versatile vinegar can be used in any recipe that calls for white vinegar, and pairs perfectly with their Extra Virgin Olive Oil for salad dressing or a marinade for fish.
- Artichoke & Almond Tapenade: Crafted with their estate-produced Extra Virgin Olive Oil, fresh artichokes, tangy capers, finely chopped almonds, and early-harvest olives. This twist on the provençal spread is a unique and delicious addition to any meal.
- Classic Italian Bruschetta: A pantry staple. Have company coming over, or just looking for a quick meal yourself, this bruschetta is a quick and delicious option for hundreds of recipes. Rub fresh garlic on grilled bread and then top with this classic spread, try it as a dipping sauce for meatballs, or make it a sandwich on Ciabatta with sausage and mozzarella.